Curried Coconut Rice Salad With Dried Fruit and AlmondsFrom turtle66 5 years ago
- 1 cup brown rice (uncooked) shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or raisins, currants or cherries) shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds shopping list
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or more if you like it hot) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place brown rice, water and coconut milk in a pan and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover with lid and simmer until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Depending on the brown rice you are using, this will take 30 to 45 minutes. Set aside.
- In the meantime, combine chopped apricots and cranberries in a bowl. Pour boiling water over the fruit and let stand for 15 minutes or until fruit is plump. Drain ans set aside.
- Toast the slivered almonds in a dry pan over low to medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until slightly browned. Set aside.
- I a deep, heavy-bottomed pan, heat the oil and cook the onions and bell peppers. Keep stirring. When onions are softened (after about 5 minutes), reduce to medium heat. Add ginger, garlic, spices, orange and lime peel and cook for 1 minute or until spices are fragrant. Stir in the cooked rice, dried fruit, almonds and coconut flakes. Cook for another 5 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- tinadc Cape Town, ZA
- superfoodman Metropolis, IL
- cuzpat Sikeston, Mo
- diannehocut Little Rock, AR
- spinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
- itsmejadeb Perth, AU
- misslizzi Philadelphia, PA
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- midgelet Eastern, USA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookturtle66 Sacramento, CA
The Rating8 people
ohhhhh yeah i love the coconut milk yummy and i love curried rice too.......great!!!
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Sounds real good.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
love it!midgelet in Eastern loved it