Baked Chicken Breast with Spinach Pears and Blue CheeseFrom valinkenmore 4 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced red onion shopping list
- 4 to 6 cups (1 large bunch) loosely packed spinach (not baby), washed, dried, stems removed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 ripe Anjou pears, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 3/4 cup blue cheese Crumbles shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously season each chicken breast with salt and pepper. In a large, oven-proof skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and sear breasts 2 to 3 minutes each side until lightly golden. Place pan in oven and bake until chicken is done, about 15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and sauté red onion until just softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add spinach and toss until wilted. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a large platter or divide evenly between 4 plates. Wipe out pan and heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil with vinegar. Add pears and gently heat to warm. Stir in parsley. Place cooked chicken breasts on spinach. Top with warmed pear slices and about 2 tablespoons blue cheese per breast.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating11 people
A great combination of ingredients that makes this delicious.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Awesome! I can't wait to have it for dinner 2nite!thanks and high 5.2302817 in Port Hardy loved it
WOW THIS SOUNDS GREAT!!!! LOVE IT !! THANK U
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it