Blue Monday Banana MuffinsFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 3 large, ripe bananas, mashed shopping list
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 tsp banana extract shopping list
- 2 tsp blue food colouring (optional) shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup softened butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 6 oz silken tofu, pureed shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease or line muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine bananas, yogurt, lemon juice, extracts and food colouring. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add tofu, beating well to combine.
- Beginning and ending with the dry mixture, alternate additions of flour and banana mixtures, beating ell after each addition.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until they test done.
- Turn out immediately and cool completely on a wire rack.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating5 people
I love banana muffins and Plus I love Blue. These will be made often and not just Monday. Thanks for this marvelous post.
Hi 5, needs to be a 10
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
I like unique!midgelet in Eastern loved it
On A Budget559 members
Sweet Tooth448 members
Good To Freeze129 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Back To Basics347 members
The Breakfast Club442 members
Party Food316 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits282 members
Cooking With Kids38 members
Food Blogs60 members