Beer Battered EggplantFrom windy1950 7 years ago
How to make it
- Several hours prior to – or even the night before – cooking eggplant, whisk the flour and Old Bay Seasoning into the beer in a deep mixing bowl. Cover the bowl and leave out on the kitchen counter to ferment.
- When ready, generously salt the eggplant slices and let set for a while to leech the bitterness out of them. Pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 200F degrees. Have a paper towel-lined jelly roll pan ready to hold the finished eggplant slices.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat about an inch of cooking oil to almost-but-not-quite-smoking.
- Using tongs, dip each eggplant slice into the batter, and then gently lower into the hot cooking oil. Do not overcrowd the pan, usually 4 or 5 slices at a time will work.
- As each batch finishes, place the slices on the towel-lined jelly roll pan in the oven to stay warm while you cook the remaining eggplant.
The Cookwindy1950 Flint, MI
The Rating5 people
Tx for the recipe i will try it soon hi 5tinadc in Cape Town loved it
'EGGPLANT' "Delish" "5"FORK!!!!!
from 'start 2 finish'~
'Old Bay' makes everything taste Better!mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Love Eggplant but not this way, I'll be trying this when it is eggplant season.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it