Pepperjack Penne Bake with BroccoliFrom christinem 4 years ago
- 8 oz. uncooked penne (about 2 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 3 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups shredded pepperjack cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets (lightly steamed, if desired) shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup panko or plain bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 1 1/2 qt casserole or 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small pan; add onion and garlic and cook over medium low heat until translucent, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside while pasta cooks.
- Drain pasta and return to pan; add the butter, onion and garlic mixture and stir to coat pasta. Add cheddar and pepperjack cheeses, cottage cheese, milk and egg and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in broccoli and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into prepared casserole.
- In a small bowl, combine panko, parmesan, thyme and oregano. Work in olive oil with a fork or your fingers, then sprinkle evenly over pasta.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookchristinem Worcester, MA
The Rating6 people
Reckon you got enough cheese? I reckon you got that and a 5. Bon cuire RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
Oh my, this was FABULOUS! Made it exactly as stated. I'm sure this will be even better as leftovers tomorrow!babskitchen in loved it
mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it