Southwestern Beef KabobsFrom chefmeow 3 years ago
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup apple juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno peppers seeded deveined and minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon honey shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper sauce shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds lean beef well trimmed and cut into 2” cubes shopping list
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper seeded shopping list
- 3 yellow squash shopping list
- 24 wooden skewers shopping list
How to make it
- For marinade combine the first 10 ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Place beef cubes in pan just large enough to hold them and the marinade.
- Pour marinade over and mix until meat is well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours mixing several times.
- Soak wooden skewers in warm water then cut yellow and red peppers into 48 cubes each.
- Cut squash into 24 cubes.
- On 24 skewers alternate 3 cubes beef, 2 cubes red and yellow peppers and 1 cube squash.
- Baste with remaining marinade.
- Prepare a medium hot barbeque fire and broil 4” from heat 4 minutes per side turning often.