Stuffed BrowniesFrom sosousme 7 years ago
- 2 bars (3.5 ounces each) bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) unsalted butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 2 bars (3.5 ounces each) chocolate bars filled with caramel or cappuccino (I used Perugina Premium milk chocolate with Cappuccino and dark chocolate with Carmel filling, available in many grocery stores or at www.colavita.com) broken into squares shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil 2 mini muffin pans (or make in batches)
- In a double boiler set over simmering water, melt the bittersweet chocolate with the oil and butter, whisking until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar, eggs and salt with an electric mixer until thick. Stir in the vanilla and flour. Add the melted chocolate mixture and mix until well blended.
- Using a small ladle (I use a gravy ladle); spoon a layer of batter into the bottom of the muffin pan, about 1/3 of the way up. Nestle a piece of the filled chocolate into the center; then cover with more batter, making sure the chocolate piece is enclosed.
- Place the pans in the center of the oven and bake for about 12 minutes, or until a toothpick, when inserted comes out with just a small amount of crumb clinging to it (just make sure you don't go straight down the center where the melted chocolate is). Allow to cool slightly then remove from the pan.
- These are delicious warm, but store well in an airtight container. If you want to warm them up, wrap in a paper towel and microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Per Serving (that's 1) 153 Calories; 9g Fat (4g Sat, 3g Mono, trace Poly); 2g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol; 38mg Sodium.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
The Rating8 people
You can never have too much chocolate in a brownie! Excellent!clbacon in Birmingham loved it
Like we needed any more incentive to eat brownies! I'm going to add this to some groups.nightkitchen in Claremont loved it
Mmmmmmmm yummyjett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!