Dads Sloppy JoesFrom windy1950 5 years ago
- 2 lbs ground chuck shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups catsup shopping list
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard or Spicy Brown Mustard shopping list
- 2 tsps salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsps brown sugar shopping list
- 12 hamburger or deli buns ~or~ 24 dinner rolls (for Sliders/Appetizers) shopping list
How to make it
- Place large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Crumble meat into skillet with onion and green pepper. Cook until meat has lost its pink color. Drain off fat.
- Stir in catsup, mustard, salt, pepper, and brown sugar; bring to a bubble. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes to a half hour or until sauce has thickened.
- Adjust seasonings; spoon mixture onto buns and serve.
- *Top each sandwich with a teaspoon of sweet pickle relish.
- *Top each sandwich with a slice of American cheese and zap for a few seconds in the microwave.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookwindy1950 Flint, MI
The Rating4 people
Thank you for the recipe.kingofallassholes in Saint Joseph loved it
Love sloppy Joes, nice post.
I was taught to brown hamburger, add a can of Campbells Tomato rice soup and put on stream buns, sloppy Joes anyway are tops. JJthegoldminer in Sacramento loved it
I made this last night and we loved it! More in IMI Dads Sloppy Joes Thanks for sharing Connie:)
Added my pic:)
9/30/2013NPMarie in Magalia loved it