Lauras Cinnamon-Apple Bread PuddingFrom modelsmom 7 years ago
- 1 (1 lb.) loaf cinnamon raisin bread, sliced shopping list
- 8 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup sugar, divided shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup golden raisins (sultanas) (optional) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- The day before, generously butter a deep 2-qt baking dish. Line the bottom and sides of the dish with some of the bread slices, starting with the bottom and cutting and trimming the slices as needed. Leave a little edge of bread extending above the rim of the dish to support the pudding as it puffs.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, ½ cup of the sugar, and the vanilla.
- Pour half of the milk mixture into the bread-lined dish.
- Top with a layer of the apple slices and the raisins (if using), and then a layer of bread slices. Repeat until the dish is filled, ending with a layer of bread.
- Set the dish on a plate to catch any overflow, then pour the remaining milk mixture over the top.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cinnamon, nutmeg and the remaining ½ cup sugar. Sprinkle the mixture over the top, then dot with the butter.
- Cover and refrigerate until the bread absorbs the liquid, 6 – 8 hours or for up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Bake,uncovered, until the top is browned and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Whip the cream just until it starts to thicken.
- Serve warm on individual plates. Spoon some of the cream over each serving.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookmodelsmom Worcester, MA
The Rating7 people
Sounds delicious!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Bread Pudding is one of my all time favorite desserts. Thanks for a wonderful post and thank your sister!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
great post! luv bread pudding thanks for sharingmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!