Oops Baked HamFrom dugger 5 years ago
How to make it
- Whisk all the ingredients (except the ham) together in a medium bowl.
- Trim the exterior skin and excess fat from the ham See Photo. Leave some fat to render while cooking. See Photo
- Score the surface of the ham into diamond shapes about 1 inch square and cut 1/2 inch deep. See Photo
- Place the ham in a baking dish or pan and pour the marinade over it See Photo. Let the ham stand at room temperature for about an hour, turning and basting frequently.
- Pre-heat the oven. 325 for precooked ham and 350 for uncooked.
- Put the ham on a rack in a roasting pan. Pour the marinade over it.
- Tent the ham with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes per pound (precooked ham) or 20 minutes per pound (uncooked ham).
- Baste with the marinade about every thirty minutes See Photo. Take off the foil for the last 40 minutes of cooking.
- Remove to a large platter, let cool for about 20 minutes, then slice and serve.
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating4 people
Baked ham is one of my favorites.... Nice job...
A.thepoint in Hagerstown loved it
How many times has oops created a brand new recipe? This Oops guy should post more stuff. Seriously, a stunner and like our friend A, baked ham is seriously one of my favorites. Real ham costs the bloody earth here so I usually buy a pig and make my ...moreelgourmand in Apia loved it
AND NOW I AM HUNGRY LoL --- HI 5tinadc in Cape Town loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!