Smoked Sausage JambalayaFrom princessthunder 7 years ago
- •1 pound pork andouille sausage, sliced crosswise 1/3 inch thick shopping list
- •1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- •2 green bell peppers, finely chopped shopping list
- •2 celery ribs, finely chopped shopping list
- •1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- •3 scallions, finely chopped shopping list
- •2 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- •2 1/2 cups long-grain white rice (1 pound) shopping list
- •1 (28-ounces) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- •3 1/2 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- Cook sausage in oil in a wide 6-to 8-quart heavy pot over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Cook peppers, celery, onion, scallions, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in fat remaining in pot, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in rice, sausage, tomatoes with their juice, water, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat and cook at a bare simmer, covered tightly with lid, until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork.
The Cookprincessthunder Greer, SC
The Rating5 people
I love andouille sausage but it's almost impossible to find in this part of Arizona. Next time I get some, I will make this the right way. There is no real substitute for andouille, but I guess I will have to make due with Kielbasa or Hot Links unt...moreshibattou in Fort Mohave loved it
always a favorite by me!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Bloody well done. Nice flavor balance. I make a similar dish that I don't think is this well balanced. Thanks for the post. You may want to consider replacing a bit of your long grain rice with wild rice, or just adding the wild rice; you have enough...moreelgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!