Mushroom Stuffed ChickenFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 2 (1 oz.)slices white bread,torn shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1/4 c chopped green onions,8 oz. presliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1 garlic clove,minced shopping list
- 1/2 c (2oz) shredded part-skim mozzerella cheese shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt,divided shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper,divided shopping list
- 4 (6 oz) skinless,boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1/2 c flour shopping list
- 2 large eggs,beaten shopping list
- 1 Tbs olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse bread in food processor to form fine crumbs. Place in dish.
- Heat large ovenproof skillet over med-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onions and mushrooms,saute 10 mins. Stir in thyme and garlic.
- Cool mixture 10 mins;stir in cheese,1/4 tsp salt,and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Cut a slit through thickest part of each breast to form pocket. Stuff each with 1/4 c mushroom mixture. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper
- Place flour in shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour. Dip in eggs;dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in ski;let over high heat. Add chicken;cook 2 mins on each side till browned.
- Place pan in oven. Bake for 15 mins or till temp. of chicken is 165 egrees.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating6 people
What a wonderful dish - this would go well with some good white wine.aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Yum! Thanks.maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
Sounds great!valinkenmore in Malott loved it