Easter Ham with Chipotle-Pineapple GlazeFrom princessthunder 4 years ago
- 1 (5-7 lbs.) smoked, sliced ham shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1 C. brown sugar, well packed shopping list
- 1 can (10 oz.) crushed pineapple, undrained shopping list
- 2-3 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp. adobo sauce (from your can of chipotles) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tbsp. cold water shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place ham in a large baking dish, the cut end facing down.
- 2. With a sharp knife, score the skin of your ham in a tight pattern (if it doesn't come pre-scored). Bake for 15 minutes to get it started.
- 3. While ham is baking, prepare the glaze. To make the glaze, combine the sugar, pineapple, chilies, adobo sauce, nutmeg, and ginger in a blender. Blend well until smooth.
- 4. Pour this mixture into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 5. Mix the cornstarch with the water until dissolved, and whisk into the simmering sauce. Cook until thickened.
- 6. After the ham has baked 15 minutes, brush it with the glaze.
- 7. Baste ham every 15 minutes until heated through, which should take one hour or so. When it's ready, the internal temperature she be 140 degrees or so.
- 8. Serve any extra glaze as a dipping sauce on the side. Then watch your guests demand that this is what to cook for Easter dinner every year.