Wagon Wheel Macaroni and CheeseFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups wagon wheel pasta shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 3 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
- 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 then bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook 10 minutes then drain well.
- In large saucepan over medium heat melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Whisk in flour and cook stirring 1 minute.
- A little at a time whisk in milk, mustard, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- Bring to a gentle boil stirring constantly then boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and whisk in cheeses until smooth then stir in cooked pasta.
- Pour into shallow baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter then stir in bread crumbs and chili powder.
- Sprinkle over macaroni mixture then bake 30 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!