Two Potato AnnaFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- Ingredient shopping list
- butter 1/2 cup shopping list
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into thin slices shopping list
- 2 large potatoes, peeled & cut into thin slices shopping list
- pepper 1 tsp shopping list
- salt 1/2 tsp shopping list
- dried thyme or oregano 1/2 tsp shopping list
- fresh parsley, chopped 1 tbsp shopping list
How to make it
- In small saucepan; melt butter over low heat. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes or until foam rises to top. Skim off foam.
- Brush 10 inch nonstick ovenproof skillet with a little of the butter. Arrange 1/4 of the baking potatoes overlapping circles in pan. Brush with enough butter to coat. Combine pepper, salt and thyme. Sprinkle some lightly over potatoes.
- Repeat with 1/3 of sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with some of the pepper mixture. Repeat layering twice. Arrange remaining baking potatoes over top, pressing down gently.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until bottom is brown. Cover and bake in preheated 450 F oven for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is light brown. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp.
- Spoon off excess butter. Let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. To serve, cut into wedges.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating8 people
Deserves more than the low rating someone gave it so I'm giving it the generous 5 forks it does deserve.pippy in loved it
I agree with pippy...you got a 5 from me as well. One word...YUMMY. What could be better than potatoes and butter. Mmmmmmm!!!lbrooks26 in Cedar Knolls loved it