Moms Wilted SaladFrom rodeogirl73 7 years ago
- 2 heads red leaf lettuce, Torn into pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped shopping list
- 5 slices bacon, crumbled shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar (I use splenda) shopping list
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (save yolk, set aside) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Place lettuce, onions, chopped eggs (set yolks on side for drippings mix)in a salad bowl; set aside.
- In a skillet, fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon; set aside, save drippings.
- In the drippings, combine yolk and all remaining ingredients til well blend and creamy.
- Immediately pour over salad.
- Crumble bacon and add to salad; toss well.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookrodeogirl73 Tacoma, WA
The Rating2 people
I love this stuff, what a great post, I had forgotten all about Wilted Lettuce, Mom use to make this.henrie in Savannah loved it
Boy does that bring back memories of my childhood - I was raised on this wonderful, tart-sweet wilted lettuce too...my mom grew her own lettuce and would pick and wash it just before we ate it...FANTASTIC salad!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!