Mediterranean Tuna SteaksFrom helewes 8 years ago
- 2 tuna steaks, 6 ounces each, about 1 inch thick shopping list
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 medium ripe tomato, diced fine shopping list
- 6 green olives, pitted and chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon scallions, chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons capers shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, mashed shopping list
- Pinch of dried whole oregano shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse the tuna steaks under cold water and pat dry.
- Brush them with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Meanwhile, mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Grill or broil the steaks on high heat, about 2-3 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Top the tuna steaks with the tomato-olive mixture.