Shrimp Deviled Eggs With Piment DespeletteFrom luisascatering 3 years ago
- ½ of a lemon shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & slightly crushed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 turkish bay leaf shopping list
- A few sprigs of fresh parsley (plus additional for garnish) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt shopping list
- 8 large shrimp (15 ct), peeled and deveined shopping list
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled shopping list
- 3 tablespoons good mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon Piment d'Espelette shopping list
- Piment d’Espelette for finishing shopping list
- Fleur de sel for finishing shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare shrimp cooking liquid by placing 1 quart water into a saucepan. Cut lemon in half, squeeze juice into water and add lemon half to pan. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, bay leaf, parsley and salt. Bring to boil. Add shrimp and cook until they turn pink (about 30 seconds), drain and set aside.
- Cut eggs in half and scoop yolks into a small bowl. Smash yolks with a fork and stir in aioli (or mayonnaise), piment d'Espelette. Pipe or spoon the egg yolk filling into the egg white halves.
- Tip: before filling the egg white, slice of a tiny sliver off the bottom of the egg. This will prevent the egg from sliding around on the serving plate.
- Plating: Thread 1 shrimp onto each skewer and stick end of skewer gently into each egg. Sprinkle serving plate with minced parsley and arrange eggs on plate. Sprinkle everything with a bit of piment d'Espelette and fleur de sel.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating4 people
Another great one!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
This takes simple deviled eggs to a whole other level....WOW!mendi in Harlingen loved it