Simple Oven Fried Parmesan ChickenFrom christinem 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 to 3 pounds chicken (I usually use 4 drumsticks and 4 thighs, but you can use whatever parts you like - even boneless, skinless breasts & thighs will work) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs (I like ti use half plain, half panko) shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place butter in a 9 x 13 baking dish and place garlic on top of butter. Place dish in oven and preheat to 400 degrees F (so butter melts) - remove pan from oven when butter is melted.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken pieces.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, salt & pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces in melted butter, then in bread crumbs (I sometimes repeat this step for a thicker crust). Place coated chicken pieces back into the pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is done and juices run clear.
The Cookchristinem Worcester, MA
The Rating7 people
Fabulous oven fried chicken! I used skin on bone in thighs.I started skin side down for 15 minutes then flipped over for the other 25. Lined the pan with foil so I wouldn't have to wash it. I added a picture and a thread in IMI 1/26/14
morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it
YUMMY!!a1patti in Salem loved it
Sounds delicious, and good to see you Christine! ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it