Lime Raspberry Bars with Coconut Shortbread CrustFrom pleclare 3 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 c sweetened flaked coconut shopping list
- 1-3/4 c flour shopping list
- 3 Tbs sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp pure coconut flavoring(optional) shopping list
- 14 Tbs (1-3/4 sticks) chilled unsalted butter,cut in 1/2" slices shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 5 lg. eggs shopping list
- 2 c sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbs finely grated lime zest(from about 6 limes) shopping list
- 1/4 c flour shopping list
- 1 6 oz. container fresh raspberries shopping list
- Confectioners sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Crust: Set oven at 350 degrees. In small nonstick skillet,toast coconut over moderate heat,stirring often,for 6 to 7 mins or till the shreds are mostly golden. Immediately spread the coconut on cutting board to stop cooking. Cool completely.
- In food processor,combine flour,sugar, and salt and pulse to combine. add toasted coconut and flavoring,if using and pulse once. Add the butter and process till the dough resembles coarse meal. Spread crumbs in an ungreased 9x13" light colored metal baking pan,pressing down evenly to form smooth layer.
- Bake 23 to 25 mins or till golden brown. Transfer pan to a rack and cool 15 mins. Lower oven temp to 300.
- Topping:In a large bowl,whisk the eggs. Whisk in the sugar,then the lime zest,lime juice and flour. Pour mixture over cooled crust. Sprinkle evenly with raspberries(hulled ends down).
- Carefully place the pan in the middle of 300 degree oven and bake 35-38 mins,or until the topping is set and doesn't wiggle when pan is moved.
- Transfer pan to a rack to cool completely. Chill,uncovered,for 1 to 2 hours to firm. Cut around the inside of the pan to loosen the bars,then use a thin,sharp knife or bench scraper to cut in 24 pieces.(Can be made a day ahead;cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate). Just before serving,sprinkle bars with confectioners sugar.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating6 people
These sound like a bite of Spring!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Get behind me Satan! LOLjustjakesmom in Everett loved it