Yoghurt And Tamarind Marinated Grilled ChickenFrom merlioninvancouver 6 years ago
- ¾ cup plain yogurt, stirred shopping list
- 1 Tbsp tamarind paste (available at most Asian grocers) shopping list
- *If your tamarind paste has the texture of a fruit smoothie rather than a thick jam, use 2 Tbsp instead of 1 Tbsp. shopping list
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped garlic shopping list
- ¼ cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 ½ Tbsp salt shopping list
- 1 ¼ tsp ground chilli powder or cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbsp garam masala or ground cumin shopping list
- 2 ¼ lbs boneless chicken thighs (about 6 ounces per serving) shopping list
- 1 lemon, in 6 wedges (optional) - for decorations and also to squeeze over the grilled chicken shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yogurt, tamarind paste, garlic, oil, salt, cayenne and garam masala.
- Add chicken thighs and mix well.
- Make sure chicken is well covered in the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 8 hours.
- The longer the chicken marinates, the stronger the flavours will be.
- Preheat a grill, barbeque or stovetop cast-iron grill to high heat.
- Remember to turn on your exhaust fan if you are grilling on your stovetop, since the cooking process will be smoky.
- Grill marinated chicken thighs on one side for about 2 minutes, and then turn over.
- Grill the other side for 2 minutes and turn over again.
- Grill each side again for 2 minutes, for a total of 4 minutes per side.
- Poke the thighs with a knife to be sure they are cooked through.
- If the meat is still pink, grill each side for 1 minute more.
- Once this is done and the chicken is grilled to your taste serve as a side dish or as finger food. Enjoy.