Italian Roast Chicken With Orange And OreganoFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 8 pieces bone-in,skin on chicken,your choice of cuts shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 4 heads garlic shopping list
- 6 fresh bay leaves shopping list
- 4 naval or blood red oranges(or a combination) shopping list
- 3 med. red onions,peeled,root end intact and cut in wedges shopping list
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, shopping list
- 3 to 4 stems fresh oregano , finely chopped shopping list
- 1 c dry white wine shopping list
- 1/4 c honey shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and dry chicken and season with salt,refrigerate a few a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut ends off the garlic heads and dress with a little extra virgin olive oil,salt and pepper. Wrap in foil and place in ocen,roast 45 mins until golden and soft.
- Meanwhile,in a roasting pan or large xcasserole,toss 2 sliced or wedge cut oranges with red onions,bay leaves and a liberal drizzle of extra virgin olive oil--enough to thinly coat oranges,bay leaves and onions(couple of Tbs.). Season with salt and pepper and scoot oranges and onions off to side of pan.
- Arrange chicken in pan and rub with extra virgin olive oil to coat the skin.
- Season chicken with black and red pepper then scatter oregano over chicken,onions and oranges. Add wine to pan,along with the juice of 2 oranges. Drizzle honey around pan and place in oven.
- Roast 45 mins or till juices run clear.
- Serve chicken with oranges and onions,and with pan juices spooned over the top and a whole head of roasted garlic along side. Pop cloves away from skins as you eat your chicken or spread on crusty bread.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
OK, now you've gone and done it. I've got to go and get some chicken to try this. Hi-5 and my kudos. Keep the good ones coming.
theoldprof in Belleville loved it
Sounds really good! A little work, but I bet it's worth it! ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it
Now I am hungry...... ;) ***** high 5tinadc in Cape Town loved it