French Toast CookieFrom bigcookiedude 4 years ago
- 2 1/2 C flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 lb butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 C packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 C granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz) French vanilla instant pudding shopping list
- 2 (large) eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp pure maple extract shopping list
- cinnamon to sprinkle on top of cookies shopping list
- Maple Glaze: shopping list
- 1/3 C confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 3-4 Tbsp maple syrup (enough to make moderately thin glaze) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together the confectioner's sugar and maple syrup for the glaze. Set aside.
- Sift together first 5 ingredients into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add instant pudding, mixing well. Add eggs, then maple extract, mixing until well blended. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary. Slowly add flour, mixing well.
- Using a standard ice cream scoop (2 oz), or rounded tablespoons, drop dough onto an un-greased parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle cookies with cinnamon.
- For 2 oz cookie, bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes. For rounded tablespoon-size cookies, bake 10-12 minutes. After one minute, transfer from pan to wire rack to cool.
- When cooled, drizzle maple glaze over cookies.
The Cookbigcookiedude Vinton, VA
The Rating3 people
Don' know 'bout "sweaty dreams" (har har) but this 'ere cookie rates a big 'un... High Five, that is!!windy1950 in Flint loved it
Only if you promise to be my copy editor, 'k? I can always catch others better than I can my own. Sweaty dreams can be sweet dreams, ya know?windy1950 in Flint loved it
Made them for supper tonight. Very good, even praised by the most pickiest friend of my daughter. I didn't have vanilla pudding, so I used butterscotch. I had for dessert with a cup of chai tea.momoften in nowhere loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!