Bread Pudding With Vanilla SauceFrom joyride 5 years ago
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 2 3/4 cups milk (may use any milk from heavy cream to 2%) shopping list
- 4 cups cubed French Brread shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- vanilla Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon AP flour shopping list
- Dash cinnamon shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- For Pudding:
- Combine first 4 ingredients; stir in butter and milk.
- Gently stir in bread and raisins.
- In large bowl, pour milk and egg mixture over bread.
- Add raisins; stir gently to combine
- Pour into a deep, buttered, 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes, covering with foil after 30 minutes to prevent excessive browning.
- Let pudding stand 10 minutes before serving warm with vanilla sauce
- Vanilla Sauce:
- Whisk first 7 ingredients in a heavy saucepan
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 10-12 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm over Bread Pudding.
The Cookjoyride Spotsylvania, VA
The Rating6 people
Love bread pudding and this one sounds incredible. Saved and ^^^^^5. Thank you!!dixiesmom in Winnipeg loved it
This sounds terrific. A few more ingredients than what I put in mine. Will definitely be trying this one soon.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
This sounds sooo good! I'm a vanilla freak, this is definitely for me!maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it