Coconut Citrus DelightsFrom keni 3 years ago
- 1 cup butter, softened(no substitutions) shopping list
- 1 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1t buttermilk(milk can be subbed) shopping list
- 1t vanilla shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1t salt shopping list
- juice from lemons and/or limes to total about 1 cup(I used 1 lemon and 2 large limes, keeping juices separate) shopping list
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut, shredded shopping list
- green and yellow food coloring, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together butter and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla, and beat to combine.
- Slowly add flour and salt and stir to combine.
- At this point, to make both flavors of cookie, remove half of the dough and set aside in a bowl.
- To remaining dough in mixing bowl, add lime juice and a couple of drops of food coloring, and mix at low speed to combine well.
- To dough that has been set aside, add the lemon juice and yellow food coloring, and also stir gently til well combined.
- Chill dough for 1-2 hours.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls then roll those in coconut, generously covering all sides.
- Bake on lightly greased baking sheet, or a baking stone, for 12-15 minutes, until edges and coconut are lightly browning.
- Cool on baking sheet/stone for about 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating6 people
love these type of cookies,
Thanks for the post
Janetjlv1023 in Plymouth loved it
coconut and lemon...two of my favorite things..five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Very good!superfoodman in Metropolis loved it