African Tomato Peanut SoupFrom lizzconn 4 years ago
- 1 tablespoon canola or corn oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 pinch ground cloves shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, with juice shopping list
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot, chopped shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups water shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat, add onion, and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to brown.
- Add garlic, ginger, and spices and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add water and salt, bring mixture to a boil, then cover the pot, reduce the heat, and simmer soup 30 minutes.
- Using a blender, food processor, or hand-held immersion blender, puree the soup until nearly smooth.
- Add peanuts, peanut butter, and cayenne, if using, and whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Gently reheat soup and serve hot, topped with cilantro.
The Cooklizzconn Naas Co Kildare, IE
The Rating3 people
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen85 members
Modern Entertaining72 members
Low Fat And Fabulous110 members
Good For Your Soul Food29 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
I Love SOUP97 members
We Like It HOT66 members
Vegetarian Appetizers41 members
Cheap N Easy53 members