One Pot Kielbasa And Cabbage MealFrom chatombreux 5 years ago
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut into coins shopping list
- 4 med. potatoes, peeled and cut up into chunks shopping list
- 1 small cabbage, rough cut into large chunks shopping list
- 2 or more carrots, peeled and cut up shopping list
- 1/2 large onion, large diced shopping list
- 1 cup of frozen kernel corn shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups frozen string beans shopping list
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes (I used italian seasoned) shopping list
- 2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Core and peel off the unusable leaves from the cabbage and cut up into large chunks. Do the same to the onion (it was about 3" in diameter). Put both in the pot. Peel and chunk the carrot, too. Add that to the pot with the two cups of beef broth.
- Let this cook until the cabbage is reduced and the broth is as well. Then add the cut up kielbasa, string beans, corn kernels, the tomatoes and the 2 cups of chicken broth. Add pepper (I used fresh ground). I didn't measure it, but figure I added about 1/2 tsp or so. I didn't add salt because there would be salt in the broths as well as the can of tomatoes.
- I lowered the burner flame as low as I could and let the pot just simmer after stirring to mix thoroughly. Periodically, I went back and stirred again to make sure everything in the pot got hot throughout and the flavors melded.
- After just over 3 hours, I checked the carrots and the cabbage (two things I find that take longer to cook through than other things) and found them to be tender.
- This turned out really quite good. I've never actually made anything like this before, so I am quite happy with it. I hope you enjoy it as well.