Farfel-dutch Potato SoupFrom lillyann 3 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 medium Maui onions finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cups hot water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups Baby Dutch Yellow tm potatoes peeled and diced shopping list
- 2/3 cup barley Shaped noodles or Farfel shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 pinch Ground white pepper shopping list
- 1 cup Instant Non-Fat dry milk Powder shopping list
- 1 cup Cool water shopping list
How to make it
- In a 2 1/2 quart or larger saucepan, over medium-high heat, melt the butter; then cook the onion, stirring, until it is tender but not browned. Add the hot water, raise the heat to high, and bring the water to a boil.
- Stir in the potato cubes, barley-shaped noodles, salt, and pepper. Lower the heat and simmer the soup, covered, for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Mix together the milk powder and cool water until smooth. Stir this into the hot soup and continue heating until it simmers, about 2 minutes longer. Serve hot.
- I put cheddar cheese on mine sometimes.
- Note: If your grocery store doesn't carry some of these items .. I purchased mine directly from: http://www.melissas.com/