Dynamite ChickenFrom merlin 7 years ago
- 3-4 lb. roasting chicken (Kosher chicken preferred) shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- 1 heapting T. crushed garlic shopping list
- 2 t. ground chipotle chili powder shopping list
- 2 t. crushed ginger shopping list
- 1 T. ground cumin shopping list
- a pinch of sugar shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 lime, quartered shopping list
- 3/4 c. your favorite chunky red salsa shopping list
- 1 bottle Mexican beer shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Rinse and dry a 3-4 lb chicken. Kosher chicken is best.
- Combine: ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 t salt
- 1 heaping T of crushed garlic
- 2 t ground chipotle chili powder
- 2 t crushed ginger
- 1 T. cumin
- Taste the mixture and adjust if necessary. Sometimes, it may need a touch of sugar if it tastes bitter.
- Quarter a lime. Squeeze the juice over the chicken. Put the rinds in the bottom of the roasting pan. Add a chopped onion to the pan.
- Work as much of the cilantro-garlic mixture under the skin of the chicken as possible. Rub the rest onto the chicken.
- Pour ¼ cup of chunky red salsa into the cavity of the chicken. Pour ½ cup over the chicken.
- Add 1 bottle of Mexican beer to the bottom of the pan.
- Roast covered for about an hour.
- Turn up the heat to 450 and roast uncovered for 15-20 minutes, basting the chicken with the pan juices a couple of times.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
The Rating9 people
YUMMO!!!!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Another great post. Super flavor balance and a Bottle of beer. Too bloody right. Sorry but I don't want to wait for the Rabbi's next visit in June so no kosher chicken. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
A goodyhungrybear in Miner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!