Stuffed Chicken Breast CasseroleFrom darbar 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice, rinsed shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 6 skinless, boneless breast halves, rinsed and patted dry shopping list
- 6 oz Fontina cheese, cut into 6 equal strips shopping list
- 2 Tbspns butter shopping list
- 1/2 pound fresh shitake mushrooms, cleaned, stemmed, and caps thickly sliced shopping list
- 2 medium leeks, white parts only, well rinsed and chopped shopping list
- 12 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3 Tblspns minced fresh basil leaves or 1 Tblspn dried, crumbled shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tblspns minced fresh thyme leaves or 1 1/2 tspns dried, crumbled shopping list
- 6 slices bacon shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, bring wild rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is almost tender, about 45 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, place chicken breasts one at a time between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and, using the flat surface of a meat mallet or a rolling pin, pound to about 1/8 inch thickness. Lay a piece of fontina in middle of each chicken breast. Set aside.
- Lightly butter a shallow 3-quart casserole . In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and leeks and sauté until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash together sun-dried, garlic, basil and thyme. Set aside.
- Place 1 Tblspn (2 tspns if using dried herbs) of the sun-dried tomato mixture on each breast. Starting with the narrow end, roll up chicken to enclose filling. Repeat until all chicken breasts are stuffed.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large skillet, cook bacon for 3 minutes, until the fat is rendered. Remove to paper towels to drain briefly. Spiral-wrap each chicken bundle with one slice of partially cooked bacon. Place chicken bundles on top of rice.
- Pour wine over casserole. Bake uncovered, until chicken is no longer pink when tested with a knife (don't cut through to the filling), 20 to 25 minutes. If desired, garnish with chopped parsley just before serving.
The Cookdarbar Brevard, NC
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!