White chocolate truffle cake and mango pana cottaFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- Dacquoise: shopping list
- 2 cups toasted hazelnuts shopping list
- 1 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup additional shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 7 medium egg whites shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- Truffle Topping: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 12 ounces white chocolate, broken into pieces shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups cream cheese shopping list
- 24cm sponge cake layer shopping list
- mango pana cotta: shopping list
- 2 Cups mango puree shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 3 cups yogurt shopping list
- 12 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla essence shopping list
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin (2 tsp each) shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold water shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare a silicon baking sheet and draw 2 24cm circle on each. Set aside. Set racks in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 300°F (145°C).
- Place the nuts in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and pulse until coarsely ground.. In a bowl, combine the nuts with 1 cup of the sugar and the cornstarch.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, use the whisk attachment on medium-low speed to whip the egg whites and salt until white and frothy, about 2 minutes. Increase the speed and slowly beat in 1/4 cup of sugar in a stream until the whites form firm peaks. Beat in the extracts. Slowly fold the nut mixture into the whites with a rubber spatula until thoroughly combined. Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain round tip and pipe the meringue on the prepared pans into spirals starting at the center of each circle. Bake the dacquoise layers until they’re golden and firm, about 90 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through baking. Cool on racks.
- To make the truffle topping, place the cream in a pan and bring to a boil, stirring to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Allow to cool slightly, then add the white chocolate pieces, and stir until melted and combined.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir until almost cool, then stir in the cream cheese (room temperature).
- Mango layer:
- Add the gelatin to cold water and let it soften. Meanwhile whisk together yogurt and mango puree in a bowl till they are combined well together.
- Heat cream in a pot. Add vanilla essence and sugar. Whisk very lightly to mix. When the cream comes to a boil, remove from heat and add softened gelatin.
- Stir well till the entire gelatin is dissolved. Add the cream to the mango yogurt mixture and whisk well.
- Pour in a 20cm glass dish and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Place the 24cm dacquoise disc into a loose bottom cake ring. Pour 1/3 of the white chocolate mixture over. Top with the sponge cake layer. Pour another 1/3 of the white chocolate mixture. Dip the 20cm mango glass plate in hot water for 30 seconds and flip the pana cotta disc over the white chocolate mousse. Finish with the last 1/3 of the white chocolate mousse. Chill overnight and decorate with cocoa powder hazelnut praline on the sides.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating14 people
Goodness, Ahmed, I only wish I could visit your bakery and have a slice of this! Looks fabulous!!!m2googee in Tomball loved it
Just by looking at the pictures I like it already... another scrumptious masterpiece Chef!sugarmama in Chicago loved it
what a marvelous sounding and beautiful cake..it is so good to have you back sharing your creations with us... five forks and flagged..peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it