Pork Chops Au Poivre FlambeFrom merlin 6 years ago
- 4 center cut pork chops, bone in or not, 1 ½” thick shopping list
- 1 T. course grind black pepper shopping list
- ½ t. salt, divided shopping list
- 2 T. butter shopping list
- 2 T. olive oil shopping list
- 2 large shallots chopped shopping list
- 2 t. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- ½ c. brandy shopping list
- 2/3 c. lite sour cream shopping list
- ¼ c. apricot brandy shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse chops and pat dry. Combine pepper and half the salt and rub into both sides of chops. Dredge with flour, shaking off excess.
- In a thick pan that has a cover, melt butter in oil over high heat. Add chops, cooking 3-4 minute per side until they are crusty on both sides and still pink in the middle. Add Worcestershire and shallots and cook until shallots until soft. Add apricot brandy and carefully ignite. Take off fire. Allow to flame for about 30 seconds, and then cover to douse flames. Add meat to pan, sour cream and apricot brandy and warm through over medium heat. Serve meat with sauce.
- Serves 4