Spicy Thai Shrimp with Coconut DipFrom chuckieb 4 years ago
- 12 wooden skewers shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander shopping list
- 3 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1" fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 red chili pepper, seeds removed, sliced and chopped fine shopping list
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp. lime juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp. honey shopping list
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp. sesame oil shopping list
- 2 lb. large shrimp, peeled and cleaned shopping list
- Dipping sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. Asian chili sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine coriander, garlic, ginger, and chili, then process until a paste forms.
- Transfer to a nonmetallic bowl and stir in hoisin sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, honey, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
- Add shrimp, turning to coat with marinade, then refrigerate, covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove skewers from water and thread shrimp onto each skewer from the head to the tail of the shrimp so that they are fairly straight on the skewers.
- To make your dipping sauce, In a small saucepan, put your coconut milk, hoisin sauce and Asian chili sauce and heat through. Keep warm.
- Broil the shrimp skewers until they are pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes, turn and broil the other side until done.
- Serve skewers with a small dish of coconut sauce on the side. Enjoy!