Shrimp VictoriaFrom hot_it_up 6 years ago
- 1 lb Peeled and Deveined shrimp (I use Wild-Caught Louisiana) shopping list
- 1/4 stick unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/8 Cup Thinly sliced green onions shopping list
- 1/8 Cup Finely Chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1/4 Cup white mushrooms Thinly Sliced shopping list
- 2 oz dry white wine shopping list
- 2 oz heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or to taste shopping list
- Pinch of white pepper shopping list
- Pinch of cayenne shopping list
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp White Roux (Equal parts unsalted butter and flour, cooked together for 1-2 minutes) shopping list
- 2 oz sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a saute pan, add the Green Onions, Mushrooms, Basil, and Shrimp. Saute until the shrimp just start to turn pink. Add the white wine and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the Heavy Cream, Worcestershire and seasonings. Add the Roux, cook for 1-2 minutes more. Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream, adjust the seasonings if necessary, serve immediately. Brennan's serves this over parsley rice, it goes well over pasta also.
- **I sometimes add a couple of splashes of spicy hot V8 to make this a little different**
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookhot_it_up Columbiana, AL
The Rating10 people
Oh my, this sounds sooo good, thanks!maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
"5"FORK!!!!! (+) "5"FORK!!!!!
Thanks for sharing one of 'Brennan's'
BEST recipes! I am "Lov'n" HOME today!
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
This sounds like something my mom would make. She called it Shrimp Elegante ... it was always a special treat :)jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!