Quick Old-fashioned Buttermilk BiscuitsFrom chef_irish 4 years ago
How to make it
- Mix Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt and Sugar in A Mixing Bowl.
- Cut In The Butter Until the Mixture Resembles Corse Crumbs.
- With Fork, Stir in the Buttermilk to Make A Soft Dough. Turn Out Onto A Lightly Floured Board and Knead About 10 Times to Form A Smooth Ball. Do Not Over Knead or Biscuits Will Not Be Tender.
- Roll Out to A 6-by-6 Inch Square. Place On A Ungreased Baking Sheet. With A knife, Cut Dough Into 12 Equal Portions. Do Not Separate; Leave Biscuits in a Square.
- Bake at 400F Until Golden Brown, About 15 Minutes. Serve Immediately for Best Results. You May Put Into A Clothed Bread Basket for Serving As Well.
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
The Rating3 people
Granny would approve, I'm sure. Excuse me while I nip down to the pub and fetch her to make sure....Sorry that took so long; she ain't so speedy with her wooden leg. Yep, she says you get five forks and a primo stainless steel biscuit cutter. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
Oh,yeah.Now you're talkin...there is nothing better than homemade biscuits on Sunday morning.I will have to make a double batch-I know these are gunna go really fast!hoosiermom68 in Merrillville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!