Green Chili Beef BurritosFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
- 2 boneless beef top sirlion roast (3 pounds each) shopping list
- 4 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves,sliced shopping list
- 3 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend,(optional) shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 24 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed shopping list
- diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, (optionsal) shopping list
- salsa shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from roast; cut meat into large chunks
- Place in a 5-quart slow cooker
- Top with chilies, onion, jalapenos, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and seasoning blend.
- Pour broth over all
- cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
- Remove beef; cool slighty. Shred with two forks.
- cool cooking liquid; skim fat.
- In a blender cover and process cooking liquid in small batches until smooth.
- Return liquid and beef to slow cooker; heat through.
- Place 1/3 cup beef mixture on tortilla. Top with cheese, tomato, lettuce if desired.
- Fold in ends and sides