Corned Beef Hash Filled OmeletsFrom shandy 3 years ago
- For The Hash Filling: shopping list
- 1 Yukon gold potato, peeled and diced small shopping list
- 1 T. canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 c. diced onion shopping list
- 1/2 c. diced red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 t. each paprika and dried oregano shopping list
- 1 c. diced cooked corned beef shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- For the Spicy Ketchup: shopping list
- 1/2 c. ketchup shopping list
- 1 T. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 T. chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2 t. Worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 t. Tabasco sauce shopping list
- Omelet Mixture: shopping list
- 3 eggs per omelet (12 total) shopping list
- 2 T. half-n-half, milk, or water per omelet (8 total) shopping list
- 1 T. unsalted butter per omelet shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Saute potatoes in oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until golden, about 15 minutes. Add onion, bell pepper, paprika, oregano, and corned beef, and cook until onions begin to soften, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Combine ketchup, Dijon, cilantro, Worcestershire, and Tabasco for the spicy ketchup in a bowl; set aside.
- Prepare omelet:
- Whisk together eggs and half-and-half in a small bowl just until blended.
- Melt butter in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it's bubbling.
- Pour egg mixture into the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Immediately begin gently shaking the skillet back and forth while making small, quick stirring motions to allow the liquid egg on top to slide in the open spots from stirring. Reduce heat to low when eggs no longer run but still are moist.
- Add filling perpendicular to the omelet pan handle, in a row down the center. About 1/3 to 1/2 cup of filling per omelet. Fold 1/3 of the omelet over the filling, then slide the exposed third of the omelet from the edge of the pan onto a serving plate, folding the rest of the omelet over on itself. Place 2 T. of spicy ketchup down the top of the omelet and serve.
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!