Hearty Broccoli SoupFrom chefmal 3 years ago
- 1 small box of frozen chopped broccoli. You can usually get the krasdale or white rose brand for $1 or less. shopping list
- 1 regular can of Campbell's cream of broccoli soup shopping list
- 2 Tbspns Butter shopping list
- 1/4 Cup Whole Milk shopping list
- 1 tspn of each: Onion, garlic and chili powder, white pepper, dill weed and basil. shopping list
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Put the frozen block of broccoli right into the pot with a little bit of water to cover the bottom, over a medium to high flame.
- As it cooks, you'll have to smoosh the block around inside the pot with your fork and turn it over a few times so it can properly break apart.
- Once it's all defrosted, let it cook a few minutes so the water reduces a bit.
- Add the contents of the soup can right into the pot. It will be thick which is why you still need some of the water in there. Put the milk into the can and use it to get out the remainder of the soup, pouring it all right into the pot.
- Stir well until hot, then add the butter and spices, stirring often. Let it cook for a few more minutes until properly blended. Remove from heat, pour into a bowl and enjoy. It's that simple!
The Cookchefmal Brooklyn, NY
The Rating1 people
One truly great soup recipe. Don't know what I'll do about the cream of broccoli soup but I'll figure something. Yea, no cream of broccoli soup here. No worries, just an extra step. Yea, you have a raiting limit but Kris says he's going to make it bi...moreelgourmand in Apia loved it
Soup's on.elgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!