Hearty Beef StewFrom absinthebride 8 years ago
- 1 cup butter (or margarine) shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 3 cans beef broth shopping list
- 1 can chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup red wine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sea salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon crushed pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 6 large potatoes shopping list
- 3 stalks of celery shopping list
- 2 carrots shopping list
- 1 can of corn shopping list
- stew beef (your choice on amount) shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion shopping list
- 2 stalks green onion shopping list
How to make it
- This recipe is proportioned for a 6 quart crock pot.
- Start with a roux, 1 cup butter, melted in a large saucepan, stir in 1 cup flour and stir like mad until it becomes an even paste with no lumps. Slowly stir in beef broth. (The chicken broth will be added to the crock pot later when you dump everything else in. Chicken broth generally has more flavor than beef broth so it's used to kick up the flavor a little bit.)
- Add your spices and sauces, mix thoroughly and dump into the crock pot at low heat.
- Prepare vegetables, I usually just dice everything bite size, and dump into crock pot.
- Now, I started the recipe at noon and the potatoes were not as soft as they should have been by six on low heat, but if you start in the morning before work (or the night before), it will be ready for dinner that evening.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookabsinthebride GA
The Rating4 people
this sounds awsome and i just bought beef stew meat and i have everything except paperika . well i might even try the thyme but we love onions thanks i cant wait to experment.maywest in Tangerine loved it
Anytime I see a recipe that begins with a cup of butter, I know I'm gonna love it.
Will give it a try. Thanks.
This recipe is awesome! I fixed a 2/3rds recipe and used 1 lb beef cubes. Added about 1...morerottman in Nottingham loved it
a great winter recipe thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!