Weiner SchnitzelFrom absinthebride 6 years ago
How to make it
- Pound your cutlets flat with the rasied side of your meat tenderizer. I usually pound three times on each side, covering the whole cutlet.
- Mix eggs and cream (the amounts depend on how many cutlets you have, I had 12, so I used 6 eggs and about a cup of cream) in large bowl and set near cooking area.
- Mix seasoning salt into flour in large bowl until it has a pinkish cast, add pepper to taste, and set near cooking area.
- Preheat oil in large skillet. You will need enough oil to cover the cutlet, or you can use a deep fryer.
- Dip cutlet in flour, coating both sides, then the egg and cream mixture, coating both sides, and then again into the flour, covering it. Drop into oil immediately after coating.
- If you are using good veal cutlets, you really only have to let the coating get golden brown on both sides (about three minutes) before removing from the oil. For lower grades of beef or for pork, you want to let them go about five or six, but it doesn't take long because they're very thin.
- My mother made a mushroom paprikash sauce for me to pour over them, they are good with burgundy mushroom sauce as well, and can also stand alone without any sauce.
The Cookabsinthebride GA
The Rating3 people
sounds great thanks yummymomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Been Hungry For Schnitzel And Gonna Make This Right Now. This Recipe Sounds Easy & Tasty.goblue434 in Anniston loved it
Sounds great - I never made this before but my husband had it on holiday in Austria and would like me to try it out!!
Thanks a lot.
sitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!