Smoked Sausage JambalayaFrom absinthebride 6 years ago
- 2 packages of smoked sausage (4 sausages) shopping list
- 2 cans of dark red kidney beans shopping list
- 1 can of light red kidney beans shopping list
- 1 yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 bottle of beer (your choice, Guiness or Tecate or what I usually use) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce of choice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cumin shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 2 cans of diced red tomatoes shopping list
- 10 ounce package of saffron rice shopping list
- 2 stalks green onion shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan put the canned tomatos - including water, undrained, yellow onion (diced), and red kidney beans, also undrained. Add about a teaspoon of cumin and teaspoon of chili powder to the mix. Add hot sauce as preferred. Bring to a boil and then leave to simmer while you prepare the sausage and rice.
- Prepare saffron rice according to the directions on the package.
- Cut the smoked sausage into chunks and cook (boil, covered is better) in a large saucepan in the beer and about two tablespoons of olive oil.
- When rice and sausage are done, drain tomato and bean mixture into a bowl and put the liquid back in the large saucepan. Boil it down some and add spices accordingly to make a sauce.
- Mix sausage and drained tomatos, onions, and beans into the rice. Top with some sliced green onion and serve, sauce on the side.
The Cookabsinthebride GA
- Not added to any groups yet!