Strawberry Cupcakes With Whipped Strawberry Cream Cheese FrostingFrom keni 3 years ago
- Cupcakes: shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1t baking soda shopping list
- 1/4t salt shopping list
- 1/4t fresh nutmeg, grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour cream shopping list
- 1t vanilla shopping list
- 1 stick butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, finely chopped shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1pt heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 8oz cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2T butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar(or more, depending on spreadability) shopping list
- 1 1/2t vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together butter and sugar with hand or stand mixer, until light and fluffy.
- Add honey and mix to combine well.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Scrape bowl well and add dry ingredients, alternating with buttermilk or sour cream.
- Mix until just combined.
- Carefully fold in strawberries.
- Pour mixture into papered cupcake tins, about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, until toothpick comes out ALMOST clean.(I don't believe in over baking cupcakes :)
- Let cool in muffin tin for about 3 minutes, then remove to wire rack.
- While cupcakes are baking, prepare frosting.
- Whip cream with electric hand or stand mixer until stiff peaks form, then set aside, keeping cool.
- Cream together cream cheese and butter.
- Add vanilla and sugar and beat until well combined and smooth.
- Add strawberries and carefully fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Once combined, carefully fold whipped cream in until well combined.
- Frost cupcakes when completely cooled and keep them cool if not served immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating1 people
Received a thumbs up from hubby and grandson. The frosting is delicious on this cupcake and I will be using it to frost cakes too. The cupcake is great with the fresh strawberries in it and you can ever so faintly taste the flavor of nutmeg. Will be ...more99blazer in loved it
Delicious. Posted 2 pics of them. Will be making these often.99blazer in loved it