Strawberries And Cream DessertFrom annieamie 5 years ago
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons Clabber Girl Cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 5 egg yolks, slightly beaten shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons margarine or butter, softened shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (to coat strawberries) shopping list
- Whipped cream for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 1 cup granulated sugar, Clabber Girl Cornstarch and salt in a heavy saucepan; stir together with a wire whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Continue to whisk, adding cream in a continuous stream. Whisk the egg yolks in a separate bowl then add to the mixture, stirring continuously until well blended.
- Over medium heat, cook the mixture, stirring constantly until it boils. When the mixture reaches a full boil, reduce heat to low and continue cooking and stirring for 3 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat; beat in margarine or butter, and vanilla.
- Cover the entire surface of the pudding with plastic wrap and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Pour into a large bowl and refrigerate until firm and cooled; about 2 hours. Makes about 4 1/2 cups of pudding
- When ready to assemble desserts, prepare the cleaned and hulled strawberries by tossing with the 1/2 cup granulated sugar. In serving dishes, layer pudding then strawberries until full. Top with whipped cream for garnish.
- Makes from 4 - 6 servings.