Thai Lettuce WrapsFrom watson2167 6 years ago
- 1 head fresh iceburg lettuce shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 thumb-size piece galangal (or ginger), grated shopping list
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely sliced shopping list
- 2 shallots, sliced finely shopping list
- 1/2 cup firm tofu, cut into medium long size or 1/2 cup cooked chicken shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. oil for stir-frying shopping list
- 1 carrot, grated shopping list
- 4-5 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage (red is very good, but any type will work) shopping list
- 3 spring onions, sliced lengthwise shopping list
- 2 cups brean sprouts shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. regular soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Place oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, galangal (or ginger), chilli, and shallots. Stir-fry one minute, or until fragrant.
- Add a Tbsp. water whenever the wok/pan gets too dry instead of more oil.
- Add tofu or meat, carrot, shiitake mushrooms, cabbage, and spring onions.
- As you stir-fry, add the lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, and oyster sauce. Stir-fry about 1 minute.
- Push ingredients to the side of the wok or pan, and crack in the egg. Stir-fry the egg quickly, breaking the yolk. Mix well. Add the bean sprouts and stir-fry briefly . Remove from heat.
- Cut off the stem part of the iceburg lettuce so it's easier to separate the leaves.
- Now place the lettuce, the sir-fried filling, and the toppings on your table, allowing family or guests to make their own wraps..
- Top with a sprinkling of fresh basil and peanuts. Then wrap it up and eat.
- (For those who like it extra spicy, Thai chilli sauce can be added as another topping.)
People Who Like This Dish 34
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating6 people
Great recipe!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
Really good:)orangeskipper in Redding loved it
Not a tofu fan here so I used chicken. We loved these and devoured them!!! Forgot to add the peanuts even though I had them :( also made a few changes that I posted here in the IMI ----------> moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!