Tomato FrittersFrom coffeebean53 7 years ago
- 1 c. flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil shopping list
- 1 (28oz) can tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 1 TB. finely minced onion shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- canola oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and basil.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2" pieces and drain. Add them along with onion, parsley and Worcestershire sauce to flour mixture, but DO NOT mix.
- In a small bowl beat eggs and add to flour-tomato mixture. Blend lightly with a fork.
- Heat 1/4" of canola oil in skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by Tablespoon, patting down with the back of the spoon. Fry until golden brown on one side, then turn and fry the other side. Keep fritters warm until serving time.