Buttermilk PancakesFrom Kimskitchen 4 years ago
- 3 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar (or half sugar, half honey) shopping list
- 3 tbsp butter (use Jo Jo's homemade butter recipe on here!) shopping list
- Additional butter for serving shopping list
- maple syrup (prefer real maple syrup - not imitation) shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Beat egg yolks in large bowl until light and foamy. Add buttermilk and baking soda. Mix well.
- 2) Sift all other dry ingredients together. Add to bowl while mixing. After all dry ingredients added, mix in melted butter.
- 3) In smaller bowl beat egg whites until stiff. Put away the mixer and gently fold in egg whites until completely mixed.
- 4) Cover and let batter sit and blend for 20 minutes. Do not stir before cooking.
- 5) Heat griddle to 375 degrees. Turn down to about 360 before adding first pancake. Grease griddle. Use 1/4 to 1/3 measuring cup to ladle batter on to griddle. Make one test pancake to make sure temperature is correct. Turn pancake when bubbles form all the way across pancake. Do not be afraid to use spatula to "view" bottom of pancake - but do not turn over but one time!
- 6) Once cooked move pancakes to wire rack placed in 175 degree oven. After all pancakes are cooked turn oven off. Pancakes do not need to stay in oven for any particular amount of time - this just keeps them warm and prevents a "soggy" side.
- Notes/ suggestions:
- Make sure batter is mixed well, but do not overbeat.
- Serve with homemade butter and real maple syrup that is heated.
- Serve with bacon, jams, fruit, yogurts, etc. and a cold glass of milk or nice cup of coffee.
The CookKimskitchen Nashville, NC
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!