Pakistan-sweet-riceFrom cookingcrazy 6 years ago
- 4 cups uncooked white rice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon orange food color shopping list
- 10 pods whole cardamom shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 cups white sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon raisins shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place the rice in a bowl with water to cover and soak one hour.
- 2. Bring a large pot of water to boil with food color and half the cardamom pods. Stir in the rice, reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, 20 minutes.
- 3. In a large skillet over low heat, cook remaining cardamom pods in oil for 2 minutes. Stir in cooked, drained rice, and sugar. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cream, raisins, walnuts, almonds and orange zest. Serve warm.
The Cookcookingcrazy Qeens, U.S
- Not added to any groups yet!