Caramel Popcorn Homemade GoodFrom thegoldminer 5 years ago
- 8 cups popped corn (appx. 1/3 cup unpopped kernels) shopping list
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup lightncorn syrup shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2-1 cup spanish roasted peanuts for those who can eat nuts. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat Oven to 300.
- On a baking sheet with sides, spread out cooked popcorn and set a side.
- In a medium-sized heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium-low heat,stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
- Cook until the mixture reaches 250 on a candy thermometer and is at the hard-ball stage or for me it just looks really remelted, about 3 miuntes. I never use a thermometer for this.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in baking soda. It foams.
- Immediately pour the mixture over the popcorn (and nuts), stirring the mess until most of the kernels are coated.
- Bake the popcorn mix for 15 minutes. Stir, coating any kernels that were not coated at the beginning, and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 2 minutes. With a wooden spoon or spatula, stir the popcorn as it contines to cool, coating it evenly and breaking up any large clumps.
- Popcorn can be stored in an air tight container in a cool place for up to 1 week. Now why would it even last that long before it was eaten?
- Ok, I have used one of my big plastic bowls to stir the popcorn and melted ingredients and then scraped onto the backing sheet. I think I sprayed the bowl with canola oil lightly?
- Anyway, this tastes so good and I really love the spanish peanuts.
- It really is easy. Pop the corn, melt the stuff, pour, mix, stir, bake, eat. Enjoy JJ
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating8 people
Sounds yummy......always looking for a new treat..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Hey Goldminer, just saw the groups for this, thought about adding mine to it, but saw yours was like mine, so no need to! Did give you a five, love caramel corn. Also been meaning to tell you my hubby just bought a sluice box, still need to take it o...morealaskanmom in Wasilla loved it
Sounds easy and yoummy @ me and hubby both love caramel corn. Gonna rent a movie & make this tonite !dixiejet in Downsville loved it