Depression Era MacaroniFrom djgray 6 years ago
How to make it
- Cut bacon and onion finely.
- In a large non-stick skillet or dutch oven, cook bacon until partially browned.
- Add onion and cook until bacon is done.
- Add both cans of tomatoes, undrained.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for one hour to blend flavors.
- Cook elbow macaroni as directed on package.
- Drain macaroni.
- When bacon-tomato mixture is done, pour over macaroni.
- Stir to mix.
- Add a dollop of butter or margarine and enjoy!
The Cookdjgray New Lenox, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!