Smoked Salmon Quinoa CakesFrom bluesriff 5 years ago
- smoked salmon quinoa Cakes: shopping list
- 1 cup quinoa—washed shopping list
- 1 cup minced onion + 1 Tbl garlic shopping list
- 1 Tbl olive oil shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock or water shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt + 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 cup each: fine diced celery & carrot shopping list
- cool and then add: shopping list
- 1 lb smoked salmon (small pieces) shopping list
- 1 Tbl fresh basil + zest from one lemon shopping list
- 1/4 cup chives + 2 Tbl parsley shopping list
- 2 Tbl tapioca in 1 cup water shopping list
- olive oil and bread crumbs for pan searing shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onions in olive oil—then add garlic.
- Add Quinoa, stock, wine, & salt & pepper.
- Cover &Cook Quinoa over low heat until tender, Add carrots &
- celery—cook briefly until tender.
- Dissolve tapioca in water over low heat until thickened
- Combine with cooked quinoa in large bowl
- fold in other ingredients and portion with 4 oz scoop and form thick patties (1" - 1 1/2 " thick by 2 " across.
- Dredge in bread or cracker crumbs and pan sear in olive oil
- I have served these with a wild mushroom sauce - great with tartar sauce, hollandaise or ??? Experiment!!